Monday, August 8, 2011

Twisted Pine's Hoppy Boy

Good evening. So today I stopped back by my beer store and was trying to figure out what beer I wanted for tonight after looking and talking with the owner I decided on Twisted Pine's Hoppy Boy IPA. I must admit I'm a bit partial to IPA's and need to expand my horizon on here. On a quick side note. A good point was brought up to me today by a friend. Apparently there are these pesky laws about posting pictures of copyrighted images. So instead of doing a bunch of research on images and trying to find pictures that could be used legally, I just phoned Twisted Pines and after a short email asking for permission I received one back granting it that included a picture of the six pack I am drinking currently. I don't know if that is how I'm gonna do this from now on but it did the job for this blog.
Photobucket
Price: 11.99 6pk 12oz bottles
ABV: 6.2%
IBU:  65

I really enjoyed, actually as I write this I am currently enjoying this beer. It has a strong hoppy/bitter flavor, as most IPA's do. If you don't like the strong bitter taste of a beer then you probably won't like this or any IPA for that matter. It looks like a beer should when poured into a glass and has a very nice head.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I had three of these before dinner and had a nice little buzz. They aren't heavy like a lot of the stouts and brown ales are so there is plenty of room for food. I could easily drink the entire six pack and be set for the evening which I probably would have done if it weren't for the fact I have to work in the morning. This beer is good for bringing with you to a BBQ or just sitting at home on a Sunday watching football.
This definitely qualifies as a Real Man's beer.
Till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment